Friends,
I have not been on Twitter/Facebook very long but have begun to find how difficult it is to follow everyone and stay up to date. So beginning today, 6-16-2010, I have developed a "Following/Social Networking" policy. This way everyone can clearly understand how and why I use Twitter and Facebook; how and why I may start following you; or I don't and why. If you have any questions, please leave a comment or email.

My General Goals Regarding Social Networking:
  1. Professional networking
  2. Look for opportunities to help/mentor people
  3. Grow professionally/personally
  4. Gather news/information
  5. Make friends
  6. Have fun
Twitter Goals: @RevCraigGommer
  1. Professional Networking
  2. To Help & Mentor
  3. Learn & grow both professionally & personally
  4. Keep in touch with latest news in different groups
  5. Make new friends
  6. Have Fun
Facebook Goals: Private
  1. Professional Networking
  2. Generally Private
  3. Keep in touch with family/friends (old & new)
  4. Keep in touch with friends from school/college
  5. Keep in touch with former co-workers
  1. Writing about topics that interest me.
  2. Providing a discussion forum for those issues through comments
  1. For general or detailed communication 
My Following Policy:
  1. I will follow (almost) everyone who follows me.
  2. I will follow you if you engage me in meaningful conversation.
  3. I will NOT follow you if you are abusive.
  4. I will NOT follow you if you are trying to sell me something.
  5. If you follow me please introduce yourself (It increases chance that I will follow back).
  6. I will do my best to respond to @ and DM messsages. Please be patient with me.
  7. I reserve the right to amend this policy without notice.
|